The weekend, finally



My two weeks at the barnehage are now over and I'll just be going on Thurs & Fri from now until christmas. Back to the norskkurs on Monday for a well earned rest! I have spoken sooooo much norwegian for the last 2 weeks but I still get to a point where I hit a wall and have to revert to english. Will I ever get over the wall? It also suddenly hit me this week that this is my life now. A norwegian life. It's hard to be yourself when speaking a new language and I feel that when I speak norwegian I lose some of my personality. It's not really me. I can't crack jokes or express myself the way I can in english and it is sooooo frustrating! I was also told this week that when I speak my accent sounds a bit danish, and considering I cannot understand danish at all I found this rather odd!